District Office Hours: Open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Contra Costa Mosquito & Vector Control District is dedicated to the health and welfare of the county's more than 1 million residents covering 736 square miles. In fact, we've been protecting public health since 1927 when residents formed the District. Funded through tax dollars, the District offers free services for mosquitoes, rats and mice, ground-nesting yellowjackets, ticks, and skunks. Our trained and certified employees work daily to reduce the risk of diseases spread by insects and animals by controlling them in a responsible, environmentally-conscious manner. It's all part of our Integrated Vector Management program where we use the most efficient and effective state-of-the-art protocols and products. All products are registered with the Environmental Protection Agency.
The District is governed by a Board of Trustees, each representing one of the incorporated cities in Contra Costa County or the county at large. Each trustee is appointed by a city council or by the county supervisors.
Did You Know?
The district is a special district and NOT a county entity.
How Special Districts Work - They Are:
• Formed by local residents to provide local services
• Sanctioned by the State of California Government Codes
• Entities that can be the most economical means of providing public service
• Independent, self-governed agencies governed by a board of trustees
• Operated as non-profit organizations
• Responsible directly to the people
• Accountable – Accessible – Efficient